Saturday, December 1, 2012

25 Days of Christmas

Being on bed rest during the holidays is actually really good, time wise. The holidays make bed rest go pretty quickly. I cannot believe it is already December 1st. That means a few things, I for sure need to get my online shopping completed, decorating at the Mitchell household is in full effect, and ABC family channel starts the 25 days of Christmas movies! Home Alone, Elf, A Christmas Story, doesn't get much better than that. Especially when you watch TV most of your life. I also have found a few hobbies that I can create while sitting of course. Thanks to Pinterest I found a cute way to make a holiday monogram letter for our front door. I wanted something different instead of the usual wreath.


http://pinterest.com/pin/110830840799502411/
I could have done a better job with gluing the cranberries however after 4 hours of multi-tasking trying to position them correctly on the M and watching General Hospital posed quite the problem :). Also I blame the photo, it looks a lot better than that. Another hobby I can do is wrap gifts! So my mom has been hauling over the Christmas goodies for me to wrap. So far so good. Other than that I can't do much decorating, I have had to leave that up to Mr. Griswold Mitchell :) and he has done a really great job.
 
 
Front Porch lights
 

Our mantel is my favorite. Last year I searched high and low looking for that reindeer on the left from Pier One. I couldn't find it to save my life so I gave up, until this year's Christmas commercials aired and it was back! I begged Marty to go pick it up for us and he did! It holds all the Christmas cards I cant wait to start receiving, so send them on over!
 
Handmade wreath by Marty :)
 
I almost forgot. In my creative work mode I came up with a centerpiece for our dining room with the extra cranberries and burlap. Not bad for something that took 5 minutes.
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?

    ReplyDelete