Wednesday, December 19, 2012

One month down...5 months to go

Well I have officially completed one month on bed rest. A part of me thinks wow already a month, and then the other part of me thinks ugh just one month, I still have five more to go. However I can't think that way, I have learned to have short goals not long ones. I do miss the everyday "things" I used to be able to do, however I do try and keep myself somewhat busy, maybe not productive but busy ill call it.

Things I miss the most: (Side note, these things will seem materialistic. Most are however don't judge me please).
  • Morning Starbucks runs. Just getting in my car and getting Starbucks whenever I want. I still sometimes get lucky and Marty or a friend will surprise me but still just being able to get it whenever. Love my Iced Vanilla Chai Tea :)
  • Shopping! I know Marty doesn't mind me not being able to shop, but let me tell you the day we are released from the hospital, the baby and I are going straight to the mall!
  • Sorry this is TMI however I miss pooping like a regular person. Haha not only does being pregnant throw your bowels off but so does bed rest. Lets put it this way, I either cant go or I cant stop going, ugh.
  • Cooking, and cleaning the way I do it. It is so hard having to watch others do everything for you, and sometimes the way you don't like it. Everyone knows how they like their things and its difficult to just have to sit and watch. But that's what I do because I don't want to be any worse of a patient for Marty and my Mom by complaining on how they do things!
  • Seeing Sloane. I had gone everyday since she had passed away and I never missed a day. Then once I had surgery and put on bed rest I haven't been able to go. Especially now I wish I could go and just let her know we are around during her first Christmas. Marty has driven me by and I shout from the car, "Sloane, its mommy remember me!" :)
  • Pampering myself. By this I mean everyday things I used to do. My poor husband has to see me EVERYDAY at my worst. No makeup, hair never done and always wearing yoga pants. I only get dressed when I have a doctors appointment and that's every other week. I cannot wait to look and feel pretty again. Which I'll have to learn how to multi-task since it wont be just about me, it will be about my little girl!
Of course I miss way more than that but those are just the things that came to me as I woke up this morning. I cannot wait until May. I cannot wait to hold my daughter in my arms and walk out of the hospital with her. We will not walk out empty handed. I cannot wait to not get any sleep, I cannot wait to change dirty diapers, breastfeed, and smell like baby puke :). I have never wanted all those things more in my life than I do now. So here is to five more months of laying around, injections, doctors appointments and keeping this baby cooking inside of me!

This photo always makes me laugh up so I thought I'd share since we only have 5 days until Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment