Thursday, December 27, 2012

MFM Appointment

Today Marty and I went for our Maternal Fetal Medicine appointment with Dr. Font. We always get to see the little girl however today was a little longer than usual. He checked every bit of her body to make sure she was growing on time, and made sure her heart and brain were developing correctly. In Dr. Font's own words, "She was being "high maintenance" making it harder to see everything." So looks like our little girl is taking after her mama :). Everything looked good! My cervix was still long and closed and baby girl is actually growing about 5 days ahead of schedule. He printed us a few pictures however Marty and I both agreed to not upload those for they weren't her best side ha not really but they weren't very good photos. Very hard to see her, but we will be going to see Dr. Khater on Monday for our 20 week appointment and we should get a ton of new pictures of her! I questioned the braxton hicks I thought I was having and he said that it is a bit early for those and it didn't change my cervix at all, so it could just be from having a full bladder. So I need to make sure I keep drinking over the 64oz of water like I am, and also making sure my bladder isn't too full. I also have a rash on my right butt cheek from the injection from last week. (Sorry but I said from the beginning I'd share everything, the good, the bad, and the embarrassing). It seems as if I got an allergic reaction from the p17 shot and the doctor would like me to skip that cheek and continue on my left cheek until it goes away. It itches like crazy so I have been putting cortisone cream and now starting hot compresses to help the redness and bit of swelling go down. I am 4 injections down and besides the little rash they aren't as bad as I thought. I can handle it :). Oh and I also want to bring you all closer in our journey by introducing you to our doctor. Not only because I love him but because if you've ever see the show Shark Tank, he looks exactly like Mr. Wonderful.


Mr. Wonderful on the left, Dr. Font on the right

 In other baby news Marty felt her kick last night! We were laying in bed reading (well I was stalking on my phone) and I could feel her moving all around so I had Marty come and put his hand on my belly and within seconds she gave him two hard kicks! I love the look on Marty's face after feeling his daughter moving and kicking. I think it makes it all more real that a tiny human is actually in my belly! Not that he didn't already know this but it definitely connects him to his daughter more. She is for sure her daddy's daughter because she cannot stop moving! I love feeling her moving and kicking all over inside my belly. I am beyond in love with her, and she already reminds me of Sloane. They seem to hit the same milestones as one another and I love it. So the next MFM appointment is January 14th. He wanted to go 3 weeks and I made him go 2 1/2, I feel better about that since I'll be 22 weeks then. Oh I also made my Dad come over and work on putting ceiling fans up in our house with Marty, I have a long list for those two to work on before the baby gets here so I am glad they decided to start early :).


Working Hard!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your email. I will def. be following along with you now as well! Best of luck to you and thank you for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete