Monday, December 24, 2012

Sloane's 1st Christmas

I cannot believe Christmas is already here! That means I am also 19 weeks today. That means many of the baby's senses are developing as specialized areas in the brain are being designated for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch! I am also able to feel her kick from the outside as well. I have been able to feel her moving around for a couple weeks now but it wasn't until this week that I finally felt her give me a good kick from the outside! I have also been having some Braxton Hicks contractions. Maybe 3 or 4 a day for the past week. Nothing to be too worried about at least I don't think. I have been drinking plenty of water, but it will be something we mention to Dr. Font on Thursday. Besides that, my belly is getting bigger and my appetite is in full force :). I cannot wait for dinner tonight at my parents! I hope that everyone has a great Christmas, and from my family to yours we wish you a very Merry Christmas!


Mitchell Christmas Card 2012
 
Baby Girl also was in the Christmas spirit. haha
 
On another note, it's also Sloane's first Christmas! Marty and I were just talking last night about what we thought Sloane was up to in heaven. We could only imagine that she is getting excited with all the other children about Christmas coming tomorrow. I can only hope that those children who had the chance to have Christmas with their families at one time are explaining to her just what it is all about. I know it's not possible but I wish we could be celebrating her 1st Christmas down here on Earth with her, dressing her up, giving her hundreds of gifts that she wouldn't be able to play with now but in the future. I wish we could have taken her to see Santa and laugh at her potentially screaming because she was afraid of him. These are the things I think about during our first Christmas without her. I know she is in good hands in heaven and I hope she knows just how much we miss her during these two days. A friend of mine from group sent this poem to me last week and I haven't read it until now. I want to share it with you and when you read it think of my baby girl up in heaven spending her first Christmas with Jesus and all her friends. Merry Christmas Sloane. We miss you more than you'll ever know.

My First Christmas in Heaven

I see the countless
Christmas trees
around the world below
With tiny lights, like Heaven's stars,
reflecting on the snow

The sight is so spectacular,
please wipe away the tear
For I am spending Christmas with
Jesus Christ this year.
I hear the many Christmas songs
that people hold so dear
But the sounds of music can't compare
with the Christmas choir up here.
I have no words to tell you,
the joy their voices bring,
For it is beyond description,
to hear the angels sing.
I know how much you miss me,
I see the pain inside your heart.
But I am not so far away,
We really aren't apart.
So be happy for me, dear ones,
You know I hold you dear.
And be glad I'm spending Christmas
with Jesus Christ this year.
I sent you each a special gift,
from my heavenly home above.
I sent you each a memory
of my undying love.
After all, love is a gift more precious
than pure gold.
was always most important
the stories Jesus told.
Please love and keep each other,
my Father said to do.
I can't count the blessing or love
has for each of you.
So have a Merry Christmas and
Wipe away that tear
Remember, I am spending Christmas with
Jesus Christ this year

Sloane's Christmas tree, with only her ornaments from family and friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment