Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Shots, Doctor Appointment, and VIDEO!

I started my long awaited P17 injections yesterday. We knew this was going to be apart of this pregnancy even before we were pregnant. P17 or hydroxyprogesterone caproate is a synthetic form of the hormone progesterone. The thought behind getting these weekly injections is that they should prevent pre-term labor and calm the cervix. They are sent to my house monthly in pre-filled syringes, as shown below.


My amazing nurse (Debbie Mazzoni) came to my house and gave me my first injection :). Id like to say that everything I googled and heard about these shots were true, however piece of cake. Not bad at all. It is injected into my upper butt area and really didn't hurt like I had heard or thought it would. Now, that could be because I have a large butt haha however it burned for a minute and today I am just a little sore. So lets hope its like that every Monday!

We also had a doctor's appointment this morning at my regular OB Dr. Khater. We also had another ultrasound so we could take another peek at our little princess. She was in probably one of the most awkward positions we have seen, upside down head down. Shes still a girl :) and is growing right on track!

Now a video from our ultrasound last week. I mentioned it before about having trouble saving it, still having trouble so I just taped it from my computer so excuse the quality and please excuse Lola barking right at the end. It was difficult keeping her quiet for a full 10 minutes, what was I thinking!

Click and Enjoy :)
http://youtu.be/Id2I8T-lg0A

No comments:

Post a Comment