Monday, December 10, 2012

17 Weeks!

Today marks 17 weeks pregnant and the start of my 4th week on bed rest. I cannot believe I have already completed 3 weeks on bed rest. Actually it feels like its been longer but who am I kidding. I get a lot of phone calls and texts asking me, "So what you got going on today/this weekend?" Really? Come on it's the same old everyday, just laying around :). So I thought I would give you a look into my wonderful world of bed rest and just give you an idea of what a week usually looks like.

Monday-Friday: Marty and I will wake up anywhere from 7am-8:30am. (It's usually Marty at 7am and then I am not far behind). Before Marty goes to work he will make me breakfast. Yes I am a horrible eater and I know I need to start eating better, I will. Breakfast can be cereal, glass of orange juice or milk, eggs, toast, waffles and a bottle of water. We mix it up. Marty then leaves for work and I make my way downstairs to the couch where I will spend the whole rest of my day. I am only allowed to use the stairs once. So once going down and once going up. I will then catch up on any shows from the weekend I didn't watch or from the night before. A lot of reality! Lately I have also been online shopping, for Christmas of course! I'll read some magazines, or part of a book that I have started and not finished (I am a terrible book reader), browse the Internet, or take a nap! Marty will stop home for lunch if I don't have any visitors and if he can and make me a quick meal. Lunch consists of grilled cheese, soup, chicken, pizza, left overs the usual. I know I need fruits and vegetables, I am working on it. I'll then do the above activities and wait until Marty comes home from work. We will eat dinner together and watch our shows together and usually make our way upstairs to bed anywhere between 9pm-1030pm. Dinner is whatever my handsome husband makes, pork chops, steak, cheeseburgers, chicken, or meatloaf. He comes up with some good dishes! Sometimes I get lucky and get some company and if that's the case we party! No, but my day then includes gossip and having adult conversations something you miss when your alone a lot of the day. Oh and Wednesdays I always have company, my mother. Lately we have been wrapping presents and she has been doing our laundry :). I know we are so lucky shes close!

I bet that was super exciting to read! I do get out every other week for my doctor's appointments and then one extra day a month when I go see my OB. Other than that I see my bedroom and my living room :).

Today we did have an appointment at my MFM Dr. Font and everything looks great! My cervix looks good and he said there was plenty of fluid around the baby and she was kicking and moving like crazy. He said to keep doing whatever I've been doing, so nothing :). Our next appointment is December 27th when I will almost be 20 weeks, Halfway there! I also received my second 17p shot and this nurse (who was not Debbie) I think thought that my butt was a dart board, because she went straight for my cheek jamming it in! Hurt like hell so I am now laying down on my other side since its burning. But I'll do anything for this little girl! Marty also let me go see Sloane. I haven't seen her in a couple weeks so it was nice to go talk to her and give her a kiss, something I used to be able to do everyday. She is all decked out for Christmas that's for sure! She has her tree all decorated, and her little snowman from Grandma, and you can see she is all warm with her winter blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment