Saturday, April 11, 2015

My little heartbeat

At six weeks pregnant I finally went in to see Dr. Khater and get a dating ultrasound to make sure everything looked good. For some reason I was really scared this time, every other time I was exactly as far along as I had thought and everything was perfect. This time I thought what if I am wrong or what if I am not pregnant. I'm still crazy.


Well I measured exactly six weeks :) strong heartbeat of 118. Right where that arrow is is where the little bean of a baby is. Due date of July 26th.

All my babies at 6 weeks except Sloane (8weeks) Top left to bottom right Sloane, Collins, Knox, Baby


The reason why I kept this all a secret was because as a family we decided to go through it together and when we got to a point to where we were comfortable and felt safe then it would be the time to let everyone know. At this point its just a lot of questions and worry from others that I didn't want to put on everyone. After meeting with Dr. Khater he said he wanted to see me in four weeks and that I should call Dr. Font and let him know as well and get an appointment set up with him as well. It being close to Christmas I wouldnt see Dr. Font until after the holiday on January 8th, and I'd see Khater on December 30th. He also wanted me to take my glucose test (yuck) to make sure I didnt have this early on. For both Collins and Knox I didn't have it until later on so I figured my chances were pretty good. I had also decided that I didn't want to take that glucose drink. It's gross first of all and second not the best thing for the baby and I had taken more glucose tests than I could count on one hand so Dr. Khater agreed with me and said that if I could find a lab that would allow an alternative to the drink then I could take it there, but his lab didn't so happy searching.

I called a few places around town asking if I could eat jelly beans or a jelly sandwich instead (I had read this article that stated those were two different options). I finally landed on the phone with Edward Hospital right down the street from me. They allow you to eat a list of foods that are on a sheet of paper they provide and after two hours from finishing it go back and they draw your blood. I was sold! Little did I know I'd have to eat enough breakfast for both Collins and I. I usually don't eat a lot in the morning so it was a little rough but instead of drinking that nasty drink I didn't care :)

That morning I picked up my sheet of paper with instructions picked up Collins and Marty and we headed to Plainfield Delight for an interesting breakfast.


I had to eat the following: 1 glass of milk, 1 glass of OJ, 1 cup of decaffeinated tea, two plain pieces of toast with 1 tablespoon of jelly, 1 tablespoon of sugar/1 cup of cornflakes (I put them together and asked for Frosted Flakes which worked perfectly) and 1 egg. I think drinking most of the drinks was what screwed me up because I got full from that but I kept on chugging. With no help from Marty and Collins who both had wonderfully looking pancakes and bacon. ugh

Two hours later I went back to the hospital where they took my blood draw. Results when I see Dr. Khater on the 30th...fingers crossed.


No comments:

Post a Comment