Saturday, April 11, 2015

Five Months Later

Now if you know me well then you know I am crazy, and waiting to become pregnant for five months I was the conductor for the crazy train. Getting pregnant with Sloane took one month of trying, Collins: two, and well with Knox SURPRISE! So Marty and I both went into this fourth time super cocky. Ha pun kind of intended. Five months is nothing. It takes the average couple six months to a year, but in our world we meaning I didn't have that time. I wanted to be pregnant yesterday. After the fourth month my crazy ass went to Dr. Khaters and cried asking what was wrong with me! Did the surgery clog something making it impossible to get pregnant!? He laughed at me. He said, "Ashley think of it as the lottery. You just so happened to hit the jackpot three times and unfortunately this time you aren't as lucky. You can get pregnant we know this, just have fun!" Uh just have fun. Hi I'm Ashley, I've lost two children, do you think my husband and I are actually having fun trying to make a baby. At this point it was a job, we wanted it so bad and I think that's why I was getting pregnant. I put two much stress on Marty and myself and frankly I was still conducting that crazy train (testing ovulation, special sperm friendly lubrication etc...).

After leaving Dr. Khater's office that day I said to myself, ok its ok just keep trying. We will get there. That exact month it happened...

I wasn't even "late" yet. Up until now after four months of trying I had taken probably a dozen negative tests. So when Marty went to go give Collins a bath in my head I thought just go take a test, we need some good news just maybe we got it this time. So I peed on the stick and threw it in the garbage because Collins came running into the bathroom and I didn't want Marty to know. Haha crazy I know. So once we got Collins in the tub and I knew Marty was distracted playing with her I hurried to the garbage just to check it, very well expecting it to be negative. When I finally saw those two lines I took one look at Marty and said OMG WE ARE PREGNANT!!! He just stared at me. He thought I was kidding (hence the 12 negatives from before).


We both cried and hugged and screamed in joy at Collins telling her how happy we all were, her included ha if she knew what was happening. Like I said before I wasn't even late so before I called Dr. Khater I waited at least a week in a half just so he didn't think I was completely 100% coo coo. Although I'm pretty sure he still does. So in the next two weeks I took two more tests just to make sure my HCG was rising (not proven but taking the newer tests as long as the "weeks" calculator rises it means your HCG is as well. And it was!





Here we go! At this point all of you reading have either shit your pants in disbelief or are smiling ear to ear. Either way I hope you are ready for this ride. Which is probably for the best I kept it a secret, because it's pretty stressful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment