Saturday, April 11, 2015

10 weeks

Christmas came and went, knowing our little secret is hard especially around family because its great news and you want to share exciting news but I know its for the best. Although I have a very nosey family who will ask anybody anything, so while I'm elbow deep in salad practically slurping the dressing my Uncle in front of everyone asks me if I am pregnant. I froze, turned red and almost started crying. I guess through this whole process I didn't actually think anyone would have the balls to ask me if I was actually pregnant. Knowing I had just lost Knox 11 months before and to anyone other than our parents all you guys know is that Surrogacy is the route we were planning to take. I was wrong. So I kindly just stated I was a little chubby and just really hungry. Ouch.

December 30th finally came and Dr. Khater came into my room hugging me as usual and saying there is my Ashley a very pregnant Ashley. I loved hearing those words. I have been embracing this pregnancy each and every step of the way. Through feeling nauseous 24/7 just waiting to puke, to bloody noses, ligament pains, being way too tired for my own good and not to mention welcome back rosacea. I am kind of rambling here but I noticed that I haven't touched on my cravings or feelings for that matter. Lets talk buffalo sauce for the first month or so. Buffalo wings were  staple in our home at least once a week. I couldn't get enough. That is what I craved with Sloane :). Something new chocolate. I am OBSESSED with it. Marty can contest. Chocolate milk, chocolate doughnuts and chocolate covered pretzels are always stocked in this house. I eat a box of doughnuts in a week and two bags of chocolate covered pretzels in two weeks. Both along side a nice glass of chocolate milk. Love it, and I'm the type of person who doesn't really enjoy desserts. However pregnant with this little nugget I am all about it. I don't share either. Well kind of, with Collins, sometimes :) I am also very very tired. From weeks 6 to like 10 I could barely get out of bed. It was rough. I don't remember being this tired with any of the other babies but Marty said I was like that with Sloane. When Collins would nap I would nap. With Marty being off for two weeks during the holiday I took full advantage of that and slept as much as I could. I am just now getting back my energy. Ill be 11 weeks on Sunday.

Now back to Khater's office. There wasn't much to be done just went over my labs from when I was in the ER, and found out I passed my glucose test! Awesome. We couldn't find the heartbeat on the Doppler and I am smart and always make my appointments on Tuesdays when I know the ultrasound tech is in, so he said lets get you in real fast and just take a peek, lucky me :) Its weird though because Marty and I just a few days before were able to find the heartbeat on our Doppler, at first it was 190 woah, then went to average between 157-165.

Look at our sweet nugget all comfy
  Of course we had a heartbeat and of course the baby was doing great. All is well! What was so weird is that I'm pretty sure I am housing Collins twin because their ultrasounds at 10 weeks look almost identical. I know at this point they aren't fully "human" looking but take a look for yourself

Collins on top baby on bottom
I'd say twinkies for sure :) Next Appointment is Dr. Font on the 8th, Marty's birthday :) We also get to find out the gender of this little babe on February 1st and we can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment