Wednesday, August 28, 2013

August Cara Box Reveal

Last month I signed up for Cara Box exchange only really knowing a little bit about it, and I am so glad I did. Cara box is getting to know two different ladies for a month and at the end of the month you send a "care" package to one partner and the other partner sends you one after getting to know one another. Each month there has been a different theme and this months theme was "Seasons of Life." The box centered around where your partner was in their stage of life and what things they would love.

My amazing partners were Tiffany and Betsey

 Tiffany was who I would be sending a box to. Immediately we hit if off, and I enjoyed getting to know her and her little family :). She has the most adorable puppy named Avery, and a very supportive husband. Just reading through her blog and emailing back and forth with her you can tell how important her family is to her and just how loving and caring she is. Filling her box was SO easy! Knowing all that she loves I went a little crazy and made sure to fill it up not only for her but also for her husband and pup. If you'd like to see just what I put in her Cara box, go check out her blog.

Betsey immediately emailed me as soon as we found out who our partners were. She was adorable and immediately told me all about herself! She made it so easy to email her and just gush about Collins. I'm pretty sure that's what all my emails were about :). I felt like she immediately became an instant friend and knew just what I was all about. She did something that really stuck out to me that I have struggled with since the passing of Sloane, and that was actually mentioning and talking about Sloane, and what she sent me blew my mind and was so generous on top of much more.

Unfortunately this is how my box made its way to my front door step. Crushed. Not only crushed but crushed right over the large letters spelling FRAGILE.


Opening up my package I was like a little kid at Christmas. I was so excited. Opening each and every gift just got better and better.



Betsey hit not only my personality spot on but included my two girls, Marty, Lola and Lucy. She didn't leave anyone out! She included adorable little shoes for Collins and some DKNY onesies that I might add are already washed and ready to be worn ASAP.


She bought the dogs some chewable dental treats that they have already been spoiled with, and included an adorable Disney plaque that says, "The most important thing is family." Not to forget my husband, she also included some Margarita mix (and some tequila) that both of us will enjoy. However I will enjoy it in my large Margarita glass that she also made me :).


Betsey did a beautiful job including my entire family. Not only did she get me a key chain with both Sloane and Collins' initials on it she also made a donation to the March of Dimes in Sloane's name.



I wish these two girls lived in Chicago so we could meet up sometime, however if I am ever in the Philly or DC area these two better believe I will be stalking them to hang out :) I cant wait for the next Cara box and to meet two new lovely ladies. I do know I have made forever friends and look forward to stalking their instagrams and continuing to email!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I am so glad you decided to sign up! :) Loved the things you got in your box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you loved your box!! :-) I am also glad that you were able to talk about Sloane with me and that I was able to do something to honor her! And seriously, if you are EVER in the Philly area we are meeting up!!

    ReplyDelete