Monday, November 19, 2012

Closing Time

Well, I didn't get a lot of sleep (I figured that) and for some reason when the alarm went off at 3:45am I woke up chipper. Odd. Especially with how nervous I was, and I am not a big morning person: SHOCKER! So I did what everyone would do before prepping for a surgery, I straightened my hair and applied my makeup :). Marty took one look at me and his face said it all, are you nuts!? Regardless, I felt better getting "done up" for all the nurses, and doctors who were about to get real personal with my bottom half. Always on time Marty, we were early checking in at 4:40am. I was nervous at first dreading being in the same room that I was in with Sloane, thankfully we were not. They had my room all set up for me already in Labor & Delivery so we were all checked in by 5:30am. Then the dreadful waiting happened.


Love the gowns

Dr. Font arrived fashionably 15 minutes late. So to say the least, those 2 hours that we waited to go into surgery were the worst. Finally my nurse came to take me into the OR to get my spinal started. Walking down the hall towards the OR I felt like I was leaving for school with my husband and mother waving at me until they couldn't see me anymore. Probably one of the funniest things I have seen in a long time. I was all anxious for the spinal and to be honest, not bad at all. Just like a shot only in your spine :/. The procedure itself, the actual stitching took maybe 15 minutes. I didn't feel a thing! I actually didn't even know that Dr. Font had started to work "down there" until my anesthesiologist asked how I was doing since he started 5 minutes ago. Unfortunately Dr. Font wasn't too happy with the length of my cervix. He said it was a lot shorter than it had been. However we were still able to place the cerclage so it was a success! We do meet with him next Monday and he said he would be able to go over everything with us then. My blood pressure did spike once my legs were brought down from being up in the air so I was given medicine for that, which caused instant nausea, so he gave me something for that. I had to wait in recovery for an hour with some woman who had just had a ceaseran section. She was a little out of it though :). From there I was able to be with Marty and my mom and just wait until my spinal wore off. Unfortunately it took longer than we thought.


 
 
As you can see, it was a lot longer than Marty thought as well. Poor guy couldn't get comfortable. I mean I wouldn't have been able to in those chairs after 10 hours of waiting. I wasn't able to feel any type of pain obviously until the spinal finally wore off. I was finally able to feel my entire body which was extremely sore from my lower stomach down and was able to use the restroom on my own so we were discharged!
 
 
Guess what's back now that I am on strict bed rest...
 
 
MY TRAY!!
 
 

 For those of you that dont know, my smart husband came up with the idea of using the tray back when I was on bed rest with Sloane so it was easier for him to wait on me hand and foot :). So I have just been resting ever since we got home. My lovely friend Jessica stopped over and brought me a bed rest basket full of all my favs and visited with me for a while, and Marty got in care taker mode already and made me dinner :). P.S. I have only had a little spotting, just a lot of cramping which should subside in the next few days. Next up, family weekend! My mom, dad, Zeke, and I all under the same roof for 5 days! Hasn't happened since I was a senior in High School :). 
 
 
Lemons, flavored H2O, nail polish, Taco Bell, Magazines, and a candle!





No comments:

Post a Comment