Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Is butter a carb?

Unfortunately I do not have any good news this post besides the fact that we have hit our second mini goal and are sailing to the next mini goal of 30 weeks!! 

We found out last week that I failed my glucose test. And by failed I mean my numbers weren't even close to possibly not failing. Your fasting numbers should be 95 and below and after 1-2 hours after eating numbers should be 120 and below. During the test my first hour number was 181. My second number was 191, and at 3 hours it was 199! So pretty high. After finding out, I don't know if it was my hormones or frustration or both but I cried for a good 2 hours and couldn't stop. My first thought was I'm already on bed rest I can't do anything and now I can't have my cookies or the occasional milkshake! After I had a pity party for one I got down to business and scheduled an appointment to see the nutritionist. So I go this Friday and Tuesday. To go over my new diet and to go over testing my blood sugar at home 4 times a day. More needles, great. The diet looks like no carbs, no sweets/sugars, and minimal dairy and fruit. All my favs. Once I get my diet plan ill be all over it though. No minimal cheating because ill do anything for the baby and if it means sacrificing my sweet tooth/love for carbs I guess I'm all in. Gestational diabetes can lead to type 2 diabetes in the future for me and for the baby it could mean a whole slew of things. High birth weight, under developed lungs, higher risk for still birth, and an obesity risk her whole life. If I don't regulate my numbers after birth she could have trouble with her insulin and glucose levels causing her to be hypoglycemic. So I'll definitely be listening and regulating my numbers! 

We also found out that I have E. Coli. My urine culture came back with it in my urine. When it rains, it pours. We just can't catch a break here. I hate taking antibiotics or any medicine for that fact when I was pregnant with Sloane and especially now. However I must take this antibiotic because if the baby gets E. Coli it wouldn't be good. So I have a 3 day dose and next Tuesday ill have another urine culture to see if the medicine worked. 

Eventful week we have had! I'm at my parents house this week too because Marty is on business in Nevada. We have lots of appointments this coming week and also preparing for the baby shower which is something to look forward to in less than 2 weeks! 

Keep us in your prayers in hopes that we can fight off this nasty E. Coli and have smooth sailing for the rest of the pregnancy. 

Officially as of Saturday I've been on bed rest for 100 days! Woah! 
2 weeks until our next mini goal. 
8 weeks until I am off bed rest. 
12 weeks until my due date. 

We are almost there!!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you! I've read your story and about Sloane and you are such an inspiration! Keep us updated.

    Kenzie @ theashcraftbunch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete