Thursday, January 31, 2013

Small Scare

Yesterday was pretty eventful for the Mitchells. I woke up Wednesday morning to use the bathroom per usual and noticed I had some bleeding. Not a ton but enough to cause some concern. So I called Dr. Khater, who of course is closed on Wednesdays. He called me back shortly after and asked how much bleeding, "Enough", was it bright red or dark red, "Bright Red", and if I had cramping, "No". He wanted me to head over to the hospital so we could see where this blood was coming from. So I called Marty crying hysterical of course and he came and picked me up. When we arrived they immediately brought me to the exam room and hooked me up to the monitors so they could monitor the baby and make sure she was still doing OK. Of course she was kicking and moving around with a nice heartbeat of 160. They also checked to see if they could pick up on any contractions, the answer thank god was no. So far so good. Sweet Dr. Khater rushed to the hospital as well to see me and do the check up himself. (Now starts the TMI) He examined me as if I was getting a pap smear to see if he could see any blood. Good news no blood! He said the vagina is like a reservoir and if I was bleeding from somewhere he would have been able to see some left inside. Alright good news again. He did however want to order a full ultrasound and check on baby and my cervix. The ultrasound tech we had was amazing, usually they don't do much talking but this lady made sure we knew exactly what she was looking at and what she was doing. Surprisingly the baby was very cooperative she said and she was able to do a full scan on her entire body to make sure every little nook and cranny was perfect, and it was. My cervix was still closed (obviously because of the cerclage) I wasn't dilated, or funneling and my placenta was still attached looking good. She did stop for a moment and ask Marty just how tall he was because her words exactly, "This little girl has some very looonnnggg legs!" We made our way back up to our room and Dr. Khater said everything looks as it should. He thinks I could have bled a little from the internal ultrasound I had on Tuesday from maybe irritation. Overall GREAT news! Even though we were beyond scared, and nervous the results came back wonderfully and we were sent home. I will of course be checked on my Monday appointment with Dr. Font. So it is back to resting! I haven't bled since (knock on wood) and have been taking it easy as usual.

For an even more eventful Wednesday, Fox News came to our house last night to interview Marty about the huge million dollar drug bust in our neighborhood (I swear we live in family friendly neighborhood). Below is the story but I am sure you can find his handsome face on video if you google it :).

Marty's Debut

No comments:

Post a Comment