Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Greetings from Texas!

Ashley's got the night off from her blogging duties so I'll be filling in. Tonight I write from the Lone Star state, Texas! I am here for work and will be here until Saturday. I had to drop Ashley off at her parents house earlier today, she's in good hands with her parents but she will be missed. We won't get to talk too much while I am away so if you've got a free minute, give her a call and keep her company for me.

I have to keep up with the amazingness of this blog, so I too have to post some photos. This is where I am currently, the Gaylord Texan Resort.

Lobby still decked out in Christmas decor

The Cotton Bowl is Friday night here in Dallas and the Oklahoma University Football team is also staying here. Although Ashley has converted to a die-hard FSU fan, she still has flashbacks of the days when she rooted for OU. Here is photo proof from years ago-


 I'll track down some players and have them sign a t-shirt just for her.


Keep in mind I'm here for work, they already have us doing some work related stuff. Tonight at dinner, we had to provide an update on our business development plans for 2013. Our company is pretty tough on performance so they actually record our sessions, mine is below.




 All kidding aside, being away from home isn't all fun and games. I do miss Ashley and wish I could continually be there to make sure we're moving in the right direction in our journey. Like I said, I know she's in good hands and my girls Lucy and Lola are keeping it real for me until I get back. When I do get back, Ashley and I will be getting close to her first mini-goal of 24 weeks. As we draw closer to that mark, I am reminded just how strong Ashley is. Most of you see one side of Ashley, the happy, make you laugh side, but beneath the animal print is the heart of lion. Her strength is unwavering and I know it's not easy to be in her shoes. I would honestly go insane if I had to be laying down all day, heck I can't sit still for 4 minutes! She's already one heck of a mother for everything she has done and is doing everyday. I am hoping for a quick few days in Texas so I can get back home!

Sorry if my post wasn't as spectacular as Ashley's are, I'm a first-timer. I will sharpen my skills and post again in February when I head west for another work event in wonderful Henderson Nevada.

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment