Thursday, February 6, 2014

Collins is 9 months!


 
Age: 9 months
Stats: 17lbs 8oz (28th percentile) 27.5 inches (50th percentile)
 
 
Clothes: mostly 6-9 month clothing but in Carters she is wearing 12 months! They clearly run small
Favorite Activities: Shopping! This little girl loves going out to our weekly daily Target runs. She also loves to dine out :)
 

 
Favorite words: MOM! MOMMA! I am loving every minute of it. She may not know what she is saying but when she needs something or wants to be picked up she starts screaming for me. Her saying momma couldn't have come at a better time either, it was something I really needed.
Least Favorite Activities: Eating. This came out of no where. She is a busy little girl and much rather be playing or going somewhere. We have been introducing more food that Marty and I are eating and one minute she loves it and the next minute she is gagging. We think she has a texture issue, however she just might be a picky little girl.
 
 
Mom's Favorite Moment: Obviously when she first started saying Momma. Now she is yelling it, and saying it constantly it makes me laugh.
Dad's Favorite Moment: Bath time. It's when Collins and I have our bonding time after I get home from work. She splashes and screams and yells and could stay in there forever.
 
 
Other Milestones: I don't know if its really a milestone but Collins is back on breast milk. We are working on her truly breast feeding but until then ill pump every 3 hours just so she gets the good stuff :)
 
 
We are just taking life day by day. Collins keeps me so busy. She is my everything, my world and I am doing everything in my power to be the best mommy that she needs right now. Its a night time when she goes down to sleep that I take my time to mourn Knox. To say it hits me like a ton of bricks is an understatement. It will already be 4 weeks on Sunday. Some days I don't even believe that he's gone other days its a harsh reality. I feel sad not only for Knox, Marty and I, but also for Collins who won't have a sibling. She would have taken being a big sister seriously :) and she does even though Knox isn't with us on Earth. I am keeping myself busy, planning her big 1st birthday party coming up, which details will be coming up shortly. We are very excited for our little girl becoming a toddler...what?! Ah my baby is going to be a big girl in a short 3 months.
 




8 comments:

  1. She is the cutest little girl! You are very blessed! I love all the bows in her hair! I recently found your blog and you inspire me. Stay strong mama!

    meplusbmakes3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is seriously adorable! Stay strong you're a wonderful mama. I can attest that it doesn't go away.. even 3 months later. Each day brings new feelings though. Can't wait to see what you do for your sweet girl's FIRST birthday! So special <3
    xoxo
    Hillary
    www.hillarysgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your precious Collins is just adorable! I know how you treasure each second with her! My first living child is named Collins. Oh what a treasured child! He helped to heal us after our James Collins,Jr. was born still at 9 months. We also lost another child born still at 20 weeks, Reita Gale.
    I am so glad you have your daughter, Collins to bring you happy & joyful days as our Collins did for us. Stay strong on the tough days.
    Gale Fitts
    http://fittsiesangels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you sweet friend!!!

    She is growing too fast though! I cannot believe she is already nine months. :) You have to post a video soon of her yelling mama. :)

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Ash... she is seriously so precious! Love the pic of her with the fry sticking out of her mouth! Can't wait to hear how plans for the big 1st birthday party are coming... I know you have been thinking about this for a while! Love ya momma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's so adorable! I love how she always has a headband on! So cute!

    Danielle @ Allusional

    ReplyDelete
  7. Collins is such a cute happy girl. I am so happy you have her to cherish and help you though this rough time. Cuddle her, love her and cherish her. I can't wait to see what you have in store for her birthday.

    Danielle @ Sparkles and Lattes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Collins is such a cutie! I think the aversion to some foods at times is normal. I read somewhere that babies have to get used to the different tastes and textures, and it can take introducing new foods up to 20 times before they really decide if they like them or not!

    ReplyDelete