Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Holy Hiatus

Oh hey, remember us?! I definitely let time pass me by these past 4 weeks without blogging, however apart of me questioned who really reads this still anyway. However for those of you that do here I am!! So I will cram in everything into one short long post to catch you all up.

After finding out about baby Mitchell #3 being a boy the holidays were right around the corner. We started off with Collins' first Thanksgiving.
 
We spent the day over at my parent's house stuffing our faces with food and going through black Friday ads, our favorite. After Thanksgiving it was time for Collins, Mommy, and Daddy to do some holiday shopping for the next few weeks. And of course turn our house into a winter wonderland for Collins' first Christmas. We of course made sure to take Collins to meet Santa and like a pro we got this...


From there we had lots of Holiday Parties, get togethers, and a lot of family time since Marty is lucky and gets time off to spend with us! Since I last blogged Collins had turned 7 months and then 8 months! My little girl is not so little anymore (except in weight) she has her own personality and is the queen bee around here!




Age: 7 & 8 months
Stats: 14lbs 8oz (6th percentile), 26 inches (28th percentile)
Clothes: I finally put away all 0-3 clothes and she is starting to wear 6 month clothing and some 9 month pajamas :)
 
 
Favorite Activities: I say this and cringe at the same time, Collins LOVES the little time she gets to watch TV. I won't lie either, she watches more than she should so that mommy can rest like she should. She has a crush on Wyatt from Super Why, loves Sid the Science Kid and unfortunately adores Caillou. Since Christmas with all that everyone spoiled her with, she has been playing drums, talking on her phones, (yes plural) and rolling around in her pink car.
Favorite Words: I have been trying since 4 months to get her to say momma, no bueno, YET! But my girly girl still screams her heart out!
 
 
Least Favorite Activities: When it comes time for nap time or bed time, Collins is a schedule baby. 10am, 2pm and 7pm lights out. And to make matters worse, if you are playing with her and she just thinks you are the bees knees right when that time comes around you are nothing to her anymore and all she wants is her mommy. (I love every second of that)
 
 
Mom's Favorite Moment: Anytime she looks for me, needs me, cries for me, kisses me. (which Marty says is all the time) She is a mommy's girl but I bet once her little brother comes around Daddy is going to be super cool again :)
 
Shopping with Mommy in below degree weather
 
Dad's Favorite Moment: We started to have her feed herself and we have been giving her yogurt melts and little cereal puffs. I was so excited the first time she was able to pick on of them up herself and put it in her mouth like a big girl.
Other Milestones: Collins can sit up all on her own for as long as she wants, she can also stand while holding on to the ottoman. If that wasn't enough, my sassy little girl is starting to scoot around as well.
 
 

 
 
 
 
Better late than never right!? Collins had a wonderful first Christmas and was SPOILED by everyone! But I am ok with it because it was not only her first but last Christmas that it was only her, so she deserves it. With not being on bed rest just yet, we were able to spend a lot of time with family during the holiday.
 



 
 
From Our Family to yours, We hope everyone had an amazing Christmas!
Love The Mitchells
Marty, Ashley, Sloane, and Collins
 


 


3 comments:

  1. i am obsessed with your baby, but you already knew that ;) she is the best dressed girl around so what are you talking about! your baby boy is going to be so dapper!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is soooooo precious. I could look at her cute pictures all day! So glad you all had a Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously Ashley... Collins is just too cute!! I really don't think she could get any cute!! Love you guys and so happy that you had such a wonderful holiday season!!

    ReplyDelete