Tuesday, December 31, 2013

20 Week Update

With all the busyness of the holidays can I cannot believe I am already 20 weeks. Over halfway there if we deliver at 37 weeks! Little guy is growing and growing and growing! It is so much fun to compare him to the girls and see who he might resemble. So far we are pretty much right on track as far as how Collins' pregnancy went. He is measuring a week ahead and so far so good as far as my cervix goes. The last time I was at Dr. Font's office, my cervix was measuring 4cms and was closed from the inside. The baby was just about 10oz so almost to a pound!

 
 
This picture is Sloane, Collins, and now all exactly a 20 weeks. I am of course my own worst critic but I am the biggest this pregnancy although I haven't gained as much as I did with both Sloane and Collins at this time. However with Sloane I was just freshly married and a lot thinner from after my wedding:) My boobs are also a bit bigger (thank you to all three babies :).
 
Sloane, Collins and baby boy all at 15weeks in 3D ultrasound
 
So far no bed rest which is great because it would be damn near impossible with taking care of Collins. However I have had to slow down. I do know when I have done too much and need to lay down and rest. My back will start to hurt and I get a little crampy. I have been experiencing some Braxton Hicks which I did with Collins. Those make me nervous and that's when I pick up my feet, chug water and relax. Thank god those haven't made a difference when it comes to my cervix, but Dr. Font did stress that the bigger this baby gets the harder this is all going to be. So I am trying not to be surprised once he tells me bed rest but I am ever so hopeful we can wait it out at least 10 more weeks. We are at the scary point in all my pregnancies when shit hit the fan with Sloane. I pray everyday god will get us to 24 weeks with no problems like he did with Collins. I don't speak a lot of my nerves but everyday is a struggle not to be worried. Ill feel a little better at 24 weeks and ill be able to breath a little at 30 weeks. Of course not until this little guy is in my arms healthy will I finally not have a care in the world. When it comes to pregnancy that is because as women we all know, MOTHERS NEVER STOP WORRYING! For the past few New Year's its been sober sally for me and tonight is no different. We are going to be going out to dinner with the Fair's tonight as a family to Cooper's Hawk (with all the other geriatrics who eat dinner at 5pm) haha Collins has her glitter tights on and is ready to hit the town! At least until 7pm and then she will probably turn into a little beast. But fingers crossed she will be a big girl in her high chair at the restaurant and live it up a little for the rest of 2013. My next big appointment is with Dr. Font on Monday the 6th for an eco and survey ultrasound. This will check the baby's brain, stomach, lungs, heart, legs, arms everything to make sure everything is perfect, and is going perfectly. Please pray for us that the next 4 weeks go by fast and safe. Little miss Sloane is of course looking down on her brother helping us each step of the way so I have faith in her and the big man upstairs that they will take care of us :)
 
 
 
Happy New Year! 2014 you have some big shoes to fill!!


3 comments:

  1. Loved this update!!!! Your chalkboard is way cute and Collins is beautiful! Looking good mama, praying for you and little man! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. pregnancy looks so good on you! you are RADIANT in this picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thrilled that things seem to be going well for you so far this pregnancy!! I will definitely be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers so that everything continues to go well!! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete