Friday, March 8, 2013

3D Ultrasound & Update

I have been slacking on the blogging lately, and it's kind of embarrassing because it's not like I am busy these days :). We have actually been having a lot of doctors appointments and family is in from Florida for the long awaited baby shower Sunday! So a lot going on at the Mitchell household.

Lets start with an update. All great things. I have kicked E. Colis butt and my urine culture came back negative! Thank God its gone. I saw both Dr. Khater and Dr. Font this week and I am measuring right at 29 weeks and my cervix is still holding strong at over 3cm. Baby girl is also measuring at 3lbs 8oz! I have also been able to maintain my blood sugars through diet and have been doing quite well eating good for both myself and the baby. Both doctors felt like I have been doing a good job keeping my numbers low that I won't be needing any insulin help so that was great news. We also met with the nutritionist and was given a ton of great information and a diet that I can easily follow. Guess what I can still have my milk and cookies before bed time! It's basically all about portion control eating what I have and just watching out on my carbs and sugars. My next appointment with Dr. Khater is in 2 weeks on March 19th and not until April 1st with Dr. Font since we are doing so well. After those appointments ill be seeing each doctor every week and starting NST (Non-stress tests), and preparing for my cerclage to come out! Woah I cannot believe we are hitting 30 weeks on Monday :)

With my mother-in-law in town, Marty and I thought it would be fun to take her and my mom to a 3D ultrasound to get a look at just how cute baby C could be. So this morning we went to Peek-a-belly in Lockport. Where we went to find out her gender. What an amazing appointment. She was blowing bubbles, sticking out her tongue, and moving like crazy. Just not moving head down like we'd want :). She is still breech however hands above her head and her feet are also on top of her head, with her butt down by my pelvis. Sounds comfortable uncomfortable. Of course I am about to photo bomb you with my adorable daughter so I apologize in advance. She has got some chubby cheeks, pouty big lips and a little bit of hair, however we can't figure out who she looks like just yet. We will have to wait and see until she's here!

Big cheeks and pouty lips :)

Yawning

Mouth open with her leg/foot to the right



Foot in Eye, Look at those LIPS!
 
 


So in love with her already, and I cannot wait for Sunday to shower her with gifts :) I am getting more and more excited as the weeks go by, and cannot wait to meet her!

1 comment:

  1. these pictures are absolutely beautiful! im so glad your appointments went well! happy 30th week!

    ReplyDelete