Thursday, October 3, 2013

5 month update and lots more!

Well haven't I just been MIA! Lots has been happening, of course all great things but they have been keeping us busy! I played single mom this week while Marty was out of town on business, so Collins and I had a fun filled best friends week together :) Dinners over at Nonna's and Pop Pop's, hanging with her Uncle Zeke, pumpkin patch with her cousin Gia, and of course shopping :)
 


 
The blog also got an update! Which I am in love with, not only because its exactly what I pictured in my mind when I asked Becca at jumping jax designs but also because my cartoon makes me look skinny :) haha Becca is amazing and is the mastermind behind this blog design as well all my Christmas cards I've sent out as well as our birth announcements. Love her, she does amazing work and you can check her out HERE and see what she has to offer :) Now for the more important update of the two.
 
Age: 5 months
Stats: We had to go to the doctor for a small infection in her eye and she was 13lbs 10oz!
Clothes: Still 0-3 months, and some 3 months my little peanut
Favorite activities: I think no matter how crabby at night she is as soon as we put her in the bathtub she is a new woman! Loves her bath time!
 
 
Favorite words: Still screaming like a little girl and loving when you scream back at her in a high pitched squeal.
Least Favorite Activities: Napping! Or sleeping for that matter. For the past week she hasn't been sleeping through the night, wakes up tossing and turning and fussing. At around 4am every wide awake ready to party. I don't think so.
 
 
 
Mom's proudest moment: When I put her down for a nap for the first time in a while in her crib and she slept for 2.5 hours like a big girl!
Dad's proudest moment: Skyping while he was away and Collins really interacting with him.
 
 
Other Milestones: One night while Marty and I were watching TV we heard Collins sort of moving around in her bed, and as we looked she had rolled over from back to tummy. She was so proud of herself that she immediately picked herself up onto her elbows knowing we were watching and gave us the biggest smile! It was too funny not to bust out laughing and cheer for her.
 


 
Sometimes the outtakes are just too funny not to share. She had had enough of us at this point :)
Big things happening in the Mitchell household that will come to light here shortly but until then we have more pumpkin patches to explore, more shopping to do (we are going to Miami in a few weeks for a wedding so Collins needs a new dress :) and more crisp fall morning walks to attend. Happy 5 months Collins!
 

3 comments:

  1. miami will be so much fun! i immediately noticed your blog design and i LOOOOOVE it!
    happy 5 months cute girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the outtake picture! She is such a little ham though! Love her! Love you!

    ReplyDelete